Mountin’ Hopes had its annual Board meeting on November 28th, 2011. The activities for the current year were reviewed including the sale of the Mountin’ Hopes property in Mars Hill. The Board of Directors recognizes the fact that about 2/3 of all Mountin’ Hopes revenue needs to come from outside sources, including grants, donations and fundraisers. We have a large number of riders who are on scholarship and we want to continue to be able to do this for our riders.
The strategy for 2012 includes:
- Having Spring and Summer riding sessions in Marshall and Mills River
- Increasing the number of riders, volunteers and instructors
- The Board of Directors will focus on Fund Raising and recruiting new Board members
- The Planning committee looking into options for buying a smaller farm, taking advantage of long-term lease options or expanding to other locations.
- Having Laura Nelson as the Executive Director (Part-time)
- Here is the presentation by Mountin’ Hopes Annual Meeting 2011
We look forward to an exciting and joyful experience for everyone at Mountin’ Hopes in 2012 and beyond!